Let’s celebrate this month of may with fresh produce, seasonal veggies and fruits. Along with some fungi-es,berries,nuts. This season of April – May – June provide us with the king of fruits, body refreshing juices for the declining month of summer, its produce for a week worth of home food.
Produce for home food.
Every farmer works hard of the food he consumes and to provide for his community. Never waste any food as the process that goes behind it to brought to your table is much valuable.
Buy the produce for home food once in 3-4 days opting for fresher produce, lesser space, waste reduction etc.
- The seeds are not the hottest part, its the membrane inside the pepper that the highest concentration of capsaicin.
- Chili peppers are very high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, important for wound healing and immune function.
- Drinking water will not relieve the burning of your mouth because capsaicin is insoluble in water.
- Mushrooms contain more proteins than most vegetables and beans.
- Button and oyster mushrooms are a health start for a meal.
- The roots of the mushrooms have a symbiotic relationship with the underground mycelium. Mycelium nourishes the plant’s roots, and in turn, the plant transfers nutrients to the mycelium.
People tend to stay away from most of the gourds especially, bitter gourd. Most of the answers include as odd looking vegetables, funny taste from one form to another.
- Bottle gourd is one of the lowest calorie vegetables- carrying just 14 calories per 100 g.
- Most of the gourds are higher water content and lower fat.
- Snake gourd contains a lot of fiber which can help regulate your digestion..
- Chayote is a high-fiber diet helps treat constipation and normalize bowel movements.
Are there any fruits as Gourds?
Watermelons, muskmelons, cucumbers and other melons belong to a family of gourds.
- Pumpkin, just like its color has a very vibrant and healthy composition of nutrients. Pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamins, Minerals and trace metals essential for our bodies.
- Neutral tasting pumpkins are used in spicy foods where as sweet pumpkins are well suited for baking.
- The fruit is a good source of the B-complex group of vitamins like folates, niacin, vitamin B-6.
- Deep fried pumpkin slices with pokoda batter tastes great serving as a yummy snack.
An evening cup of tea with mint regardless of any cream or milk really brings of the rich flavors of the tea and the mint leaves. Have a well rejoiced moment while sipping every bit of it.
- Leaves contain compounds called pulegone and menthol which are responsible for characteristic aroma.
- Apple mint, spearmint and peppermint are the most popular varieties of mint that are cultivated worldwide.
Click here to read about Herbs.
Coconut is an example form the nature portraying hard work always pays off. It is technically a fruit but regarded as a nut or a seed that relishes the white pulp and tasty water which is a heaven during the summer season.
- Cytokines in coconut water found to have significant anti-ageing properties.
- Coconut water is not just water. It is water filled with vitamins and minerals.Consisting of moderate high levels of potassium and sodium.
- Its not only the tender coconut and its after uses, even the tree provides a whole new level for utilization across all areas in India.
Best fruits to eat this summer.