Kids are incredibly picky eaters. Getting your kids to eat healthy is pretty hard for any parent but something every parent wants to do as well. Busy parents know the struggle of it all to well.
You want your kids to enjoy their food but also get the nutrition that they need. Making tasty homemade food for kids may take a bit longer but your children's bodies will thank you.
Eating healthy food will assist in their brain development immensely and prevent weight gain as well. Cultivating healthy food habits can have a profound effect on your child's mental and physical health.
A well balanced diet also goes a long way in stabilizing your child's mood and sharpens their brains.
Let's have a look at some healthy homemade food for kids and recipes you can surprise them with.
Paneer and vegetable paratha
Add a variety of mixed vegetables in the paratha dough and some herbs as well. Once you make the paratha your child won't be able to tell the difference. You can even use Palak paneer for this simple recipe and serve with curd or raita as an easy dinner.
The hidden veggies will blend well with the paratha and your little ones won't be able to tell the difference.
Adding a good amount of veggies along with some herbs will give your child the vitamins he/she needs. The best part about it is just it's one of the easiest to make healthy snacks. You can serve it along with glass of lemon juice or a bowl of tomato soup to make it a more complete meal.
Plain or low-fat yogurt
Yogurt is a great source of good bacteria or probiotics. Probiotics are great at building immunity. Make sure your kids aren't having the sugary versions of this because these are low in protein a probiotics. Yogurts are quite rich in calcium as well which makes it a healthy treat for your child. Frozen yogurt is quite tasty and provides the same nutritional value as well.
Here is a recipe for your kids' sugar cravings. All kids love sweet treats and natural sugars and calories are also known to give a healthy boost to energy levels. This dish is great for little babies too, since it doesn't have to be chewed. Here's a recipe that may come in handy the next time your kids want something sweet.
- Roast the foxnuts in a pan and add a tablespoon of ghee as well.
- Heat the milk and once it starts to boil, add the roasted foxnuts. Stir well for 5-10 mins on a medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron, jaggery and almond to the mixture.
You can even add grated carrot to it if it fancies your taste buds. Foxnut is rich in calcium, protein and fiber and is an antioxidant too. Almonds are a great source of omega 3 and fiber as well.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Kids love cookies! But cookies can sometimes carry a lot of added preservatives and sugar. Use this recipe to bake a batch of healthy cookies for your little ones. You'll need rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, raisins, butter, yogurt, egg, and vanilla.
- First, you want to preheat the oven.
- Then, mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a heat-safe bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients like the butter, yogurt, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl till the mixture is nice and thick.
- After that, put the dry mix of ingredients and the wet mix of ingredients together and mix well till it forms a stiff batter.
- Portion out the dough in the oven well and bake it well
- Bake until the cookie dough is browned and then let it cool on the rack and your cookies are ready!
The yogurt provides natural sweetness and is a good source of calcium as well. You can even substitute the raisins for chocolate chip to make chocolate chip cookies.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Who doesn't like chicken nuggets? It is one of the best forms of finger food. But like most other forms of fast food, chicken nuggets are deep fried, full of calories and are very unhealthy in general. This easy recipe will help you make delicious chicken nuggets that look after the health of your loved ones.
- Stir almond flour, salt, pepper and any other of your favourite seasonings. The seasonings are what's gonna give the Nuggets a lot of flavour so don't hold back on it.
- Slice the chicken breast into 1-inch thick pieces and lightly drizzle some olive oil on them
- Coat the slices of chicken breast with the seasoned almond flour and put them on the baking sheet
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) for about 20 minutes
- Turn the broiler on and place the nuggets under the broiler for three to four minutes to give them a crispy feel on the outside.
Homemade meals are the best way to eat healthy and use the ingredients you want your kids to ingest. Hopefully, these healthy snacks and meals will keep your children well nourished and healthy.